Monday, November 2, 2009

Thirteen Years

Over the last thirteen years of marriage, we have experienced a little of everything represented in our wedding vows: better, worse, richer, poorer, sickness (lots of sickness) and health. Of course everyone enjoys the pleasurable seasons of life, but I can honestly say that it is because of the hard times that I feel secure in my relationship with my husband. If he can love me when the money isn't there, or we are separated for months by an agonizing hospital vigil, or when both of us are snarky because of never ending pain, then I'm pretty sure that he will love me when life is comfortable.
That is only possible because of the Grace of our loving Savior. I married a sinner. And let me tell you, Chad married a willful, stubborn, prideful (ad infinitum) creature. We have been redeemed by grace. We live together by grace. And we look forward to the hope of perfect fellowship through our LORD...by grace.

Listen to Our Song.

2 comments:

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

Most excellent - praise the LORD! :-)

Happy Anniversary!

Mama Cache said...

". . . being heirs together of the grace of life . . . "

Precious milestone. ;-)