Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Close Call?

I stepped out on the porch on Tuesday evening intending to snap a photo of a baby robin that was sitting on my strawberry pot. This is the picture I took instead:
It's enough to make your heart skip, especially when you're not looking for it! I called my weather buff hubby outside and we watched the funnel form for a few minutes while we tried to decide if we should call someone and if so, who. There was visible rotation, but no sound and it had not touched down yet, so the panic quickly subsided. We had the girls come out and see and then they promptly went down to the basement, without being told. They know the drill. Before we actually made up our minds, it fizzled and was gone. It was a better show than anything on TV though!
*originally posted on 7/13/06

1 comment:

Peas on Earth said...

Oh, WOW!!!!! Amazing!! I am kind of a weather junkie, and have always wanted to see a tornado, but growing up in the south, I know better than to hang around in prime conditions, so something like this would be how I would have to go! haha!! Thanks for the awesome picture!