Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Flipping the Easter Bunny

Here is a fun and simple thing to do to help teach the true meaning of Easter. First, you talk about the Easter Bunny and the colored eggs and all of the things that the world associates with Easter while you draw this on a piece of paper or posterboard:





















Then you flip the bunny on his side and add the crosses and the open door (these can be made ahead and attached with tape) and talk about what Jesus did for us on the cross and why!










I remember when my Dad taught this in the 3&4 year old SS class over 20 years ago (I was probably about 12)! It is amazing how a simple visual can stick with you for such a long time. It is for certain that I have never looked at the Easter Bunny the same way!

I pray for all of you and your families during this Resurrection celebration: that your holiday and traditions will be truly God-honoring and blameless before Him. May ours be the same.

*originally posted 4/9/06

1 comment:

Peas on Earth said...

That is pretty cool! Is there meaning to the two fluffy tails (on either picture?) I pray your holy week is blessed, my friend!