Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Wind Experiment

The last three days have been a bit blustery around here. Somewhere between a 2 and 3 on the WINDCON. I gave up on transplanting the tiger lillies because the wind kept throwing the dirt back in my face. I checked each day with a hand held anemometer and Tuesday the average was 28 mph (34 at night) and Wednesday it was 22 mph.
Then yesterday I decided to try something. After I took my afternoon shower (so I'd be clean and pretty when my hubby got home!), I dressed and immediately went out on the porch. With a comb. It took me exactly six minutes to blow dry my hair without the blow dryer!!. That's about what it takes me normally, I think (I've never actually timed it)!!
Thank goodness it's a bit calmer today. Back to the lillies! Only about 500 more to go!

*originally posted 4/13/06

No comments: